Year 6 Transition – September 2021
Welcome to the Calder Learning Trust whether you are a parent or will be a Year 7 student next September!
We are currently planning our transition programme for the next cohort of students to be joining us. For obvious reasons such plans will need to be flexible and are likely to be a blended mix of virtual and real-life opportunities and events.
Please keep a keen eye on this webpage as we will be adding new content and information frequently over the next few months.
If you have any questions regarding transition, please contact the Head of Year 7, Mrs McLaughlin, email@example.com
Thursday 24th June, 6pm: Parent/student welcome presentation. This will be an online event and you will be sent a link to the meeting after half-term.
Friday 2nd July, 8.25am: Year 6 Discovery Day. Students will be greeted by staff at the front of school. All students should wear their primary uniform and have a pen, pencil and ruler.
w/b Monday 16th August: Summer School Week 1
w/b Monday 23rd August: Summer School Week 2
Please see the two parental letters attached below for more details of all of these events.
- Transition podcast
- 6-2-7 All you need to know booklet
- Holiday activity booklet
- Meet the Senior Leadership Team
- CHS Primary Roadshow
- Letter 2 - May
- Letter 1 - March
- Music lessons application
- Student Data Collection Form 2021-22
- School term dates l school day timings
- School uniform supplier
- Free school meals application
- Cashless catering information
- Student healthcare plan/Medical Needs
- Arriva school transport information
- Open minds transition information