Uniform is an important part of the ‘Calder identity’ and we take pride in how smart our students look.
Our uniform is:
- A black school blazer, white shirt and a house tie.
- A black school jumper is an optional extra.
- Black ‘tailored’ trousers or a knee length black, pleated skirt with plain black socks or tights.
- A plain black hijab may also be worn.
- All students should wear plain black, leather shoes. Please note that trainer style shoes are not appropriate.
- No make-up may be worn in Key Stage 3 and make-up in Key Stage 4 must be discrete; no additional ‘false’ items will be accepted such as nails and eyelashes.
- Piercings, other than one set of studs, will be asked to be removed.
Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in the student being removed from lessons until the situation is rectified. This is non-negotiable. Students are not permitted to dye their hair unnatural colours. We recommend that you purchase school badged items of school uniform from Shaw-Hardcastle in Halifax.
<Click here> to view the full uniform policy.