Quick Start Guides
- Parent guide to remote learning
- Quick start guide - Accessing Teams assignments
- Quick start guide - Joining live lessons
- Quick start guide - Student isolation
- Keeping Your Child Safe Online
Isolation Work Packs
For remote learning enquires that are not password related pleasecomplete the form below:
Welcome to Calder Learning Trust secondary remote learning page. This section of the site is to keep parents and students up to date with the latest information and help resources for our remote learning offer. Down the left hand side all the resources to help you gain access to our remote learning offer are available to view/download. These include quick start guides on how to access resources in isolation, video lessons and how hand in work via the Teams assignments should a teacher ask students to return work into school.
At The Calder Learning Trust, we remain committed to ensuring your child can still access high quality lessons, in the event they need to self-isolate as a result of the on-going pandemic. This section of the website sets out how, with your support, we aim to achieve this:
Our offer is as follows:
- In Calder High, as a minimum, resources for each lesson will be uploaded to Office 365 Teams class files in preparation for lessons each week.
- If your child has to self-isolate due to closure of a bubble, there will be an opportunity to join at least two ‘live’ streamed lessons for secondary school (unless there are exceptional circumstances meaning the lesson is unable to take place). All live lessons will take place via Microsoft Teams.
- We will provide feedback on at least one piece of work per subject for each period of remote learning.
- We will provide printed resources for anyone who does not have suitable online access.
As you are aware, attendance at school is statutory and any child who is self-isolating, but not unwell, must engage in the remote learning offer. We are obliged to ensure that as many children as possible access the remote offer and continue with their education. If your child is unwell and unable to engage, please contact the school in the usual way to let us know.
Office 365 & ClassCharts – password support:
If students do not know their password / class charts code they need to email email@example.com quoting their full name, form, and date of birth & postcode to get their password reset. (Any information missing will not be able to get their password reset) as well as providing an email address that it is possible to respond to.
In the event of closure will maintain a live e-mail address for any technical enquiries with our systems which is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: do not send password requests via the form below as this department does not have access to this service so will need to forward on the information meaning it may take longer to get a reply.