The Calder Learning Trust is very active in our GDPR compliance and awareness. We, as a school, are committed to ensure that we do the right thing for everyone in our community; from governors, to teachers, to staff, students, families and any third parties that we work with.
We know that GDPR compliance is only achieved through a collaborative and transparent approach. With this in mind, here are the following areas that we have been working on;
• Improving our Data Protection policies
• Data Privacy Breach procedures
• Ensuring all staff and students are aware of data protection and how it affects them
• Improving all school wide policies to ensure that all staff, students and their data are safe.
GDPR Roll Out
We ensure that all processing of data done in school complies with GDPR.
There are six lawful processing conditions:
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Performance of a contract
- Legitimate interest
- Public interest
- Vital interest
Consent is changing to be more explicit/transparent so at the point of data collection, the individual will need to be informed exactly how their data will be used and who it will be shared with.
Training and Awareness
We regularly have staff training sessions to ensure that all staff members are aware of the changing needs around data protection.
- We will ensure we know what we can do with data
- We will be clear about how we use the data and what the purpose of collection is
- We will ensure data is protected
- We will ensure compliance, both as individual staff members and as a school
Please see our Data Protection Policy on our Policies page for full information.