We provide wholesome, nutritionally balanced meals and encourage children to make healthier eating choices, which means eating more fruit, vegetables and carbohydrates and cutting down on foods high in fat and sugar. Lunches are prepared daily on site using fresh, locally sourced produce. Pupils can choose from meat and vegetarian options as well as jacket potatoes and salads.
These are free for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils and cost £2.15 per day for Key Stage 2 pupils unless you are in receipt of Free School Meals. If you are unsure if you are entitled to these or would like more information, please ask.
A few facts about our lunches
- We have a varied menu and children have a daily choice.
- There are at least 2 options of vegetables or salad with the main meal
- All meals are freshly prepared in our school kitchen
- We use locally sourced meat and vegetables and all our supply lines have traceability certificates.
- We continually research new suppliers.
- Our meals follow government guidelines for nutrition including guidance on reducing salt and sugar
- We encourage your child to try new things and eat a varied diet.
- We keep you informed about what your child is eating by providing the menu on request
- We offer a friendly, helpful and flexible service.
Why have School lunches?
- Research shows that a hot meal at lunchtime means that your child can concentrate better in the afternoon.
- We can help to ensure your child has a healthy balanced diet and tries new foods.
- School lunches are part of our school’s social life - children enjoy eating together.
- We help to ensure your child has good table manners and uses a knife and fork
- Eating school lunches means your child avoids the high salt, sugar, additives and processed meat content of many packed lunch products.
- Packed lunches can be repetitive and do not encourage children to eat a variety of foods.